Using this approach we can update any field from a Record without actually impacting Modified By & Modified On values.
Please Note: It is not best practice to suppress Modified By & Modified On auto calculation by Dynamics, but this approach helps in scenarios like below
We introduced a new filed and want to set it to default value for all the existing records, but don’t want to touch Modified By for reporting / downstream integration purposes.
We missed updating some information during data migration and want to update the information later without Modified On/Modified By being updated.
We will be using Pre-Operation plugin to set “modifiedon” & “modifiedby” to the values existing before Update operation (fetched from Pre-Image). Same Approach can be used if you want to override Modified By / Modified On / Created By / Created On with some custom values.
1) For the Entity you want to use (Account for this example), Create a new boolean field called “Override Modified On” (new_overridemodifiedon), set default value as NO.
Most of the projects have this requirement to apply validations OR add Country Code as prefix to Phone Number based on the Country. This approach makes use of most of the OOB methods to achieve this.
On Account Entity create a field to capture the formatting “Phone Number Format”
Configure the Input Mask control for Phone Number field as below.
From form editor -> field properties -> Controls, Select Input Mask control
In the Mask Properties, Select “Bind to a value on a field” and select the field created in Step-1 (Phone Number Format)
3. Create a new Entity for Country and create a field “Phone Number Format” to store Phone Number formats for each country.
Guideline for formatting:
0 – Digit 9 – Digit or space #– Digit, sign, or space L – Letter I – Letter or space A – Alphanumeric A – Alphanumeric or space < – Converts characters that follow to lower case – Converts characters that follow to upper case | – Disables case conversion \ – Escapes any character, turning it into a literal All others – Literals
(This field can be hidden if user’s don’t want to see it)
5. When user tries to enter value other than specified in the mask, Error message is shown like below. Also, it allows you to type characters only as specified in the Mask format. (In our example, you can only type in digits but cannot type in alphabet / special characters in the remaining 10 places.)
When invoked, this function prompts a lookup control as a model dialog (aligned to the right, like Quick Create Form)
Search will be performed across the entities specified in entityTypes property (Accounts, Leads and Contacts in this Sample)
We can select multiple records from the results
lookupOptions object defines the look and behavior of the lookup control. It has got all the properties that an OOB lookup control on the form would have, like view selection control, disabling most recently used items etc.
Below is the list of properties available. More information available HERE
Indicates whether the lookup allows more than one item to be selected.
The default entity type to use.
The default view to use.
Decides whether to display the most recently used(MRU) item.
The entity types to display.
Array of objects
Used to filter the results. Each object in the array contains the following attributes:
Indicates the default search term for the lookup control.
Indicates whether the lookup control should show the barcode scanner in mobile clients.
The views to be available in the view picker. Only system views are supported.
Hello Learners, here is the key take-away from Microsoft Business Applications Summit (MBAS)-2020.
Power Platform provides Tabular Data Stream (TDS) endpoint for CDS, using which we can access environment’s data using SSMS just like how we access the data in on-premise environment (*Only Read is permitted, cannot perform Updates)
Below are the key points to remember.
Its in Preview and not available for all regions. It works only with version 188.8.131.5237 and above. Check if the latest version is available for your region here. Alternatively you can check the version of your Environment from Settings –>About.
2. To use the SQL connection, you need to enable the Tabular Data Stream (TDS) endpoint using below options
3. SQL Connection’s Server Name would be <organization url>,5558 (5558 is the port used for TDS endpoint. it is same for all organizations). For authentication, we can use the same Active Directory Credentials that we use to access the Organization. Application Users with Azure Client ID are not supported for now. Step-By-Step guidance is available here
4. The same SQL Connection Can be used in Power BI to analyse data. Step-By-Step guidance HERE